What is the TOEFL® ITP Assessment Series?
The TOEFL® ITP Assessment Series offers colleges and universities, English-language programs and other organizations the opportunity to administer a convenient, affordable and reliable English-language assessment. The tests measure English proficiency at high beginning to advanced levels.
The tests use academic content to evaluate nonnative speakers’ skills in:
- Listening Comprehension
- Structure and Written Expression
- Reading Comprehension
Who uses the TOEFL® ITP Assessment Series?
- Colleges and universities
- Secondary schools
- English-language programs
What skills does the TOEFL® ITP Assessment Series measure?
- Listening Comprehension – measures the ability to understand spoken English as it is used in colleges and universities
- Structure and Written Expression – measures recognition of selected structural and grammatical points in standard written English
- Reading Comprehension measures the ability to read and understand academic reading material
Will i fail the TOEFL® ITP test?
TOEFL® ITP measures the test taker’s English ability. There is no pass/fail. Test taker who scores more than 460 points will be issued a score report and a certificate.
How long are TOEFL® ITP scores valid?
TOEFL® ITP scores are valid for two years. Because language proficiency can change considerably in a relatively short period of time, scores more than two years old cannot be reported or verified. If a test taker took the TOEFL® ITP test more than two years ago and needs to submit scores to an agency or institution, he or she must take the test again to have scores reported.